Yonkers Traffic Ticket Lawyers
Our Yonkers, New York traffic court lawyers can handle your speeding ticket case!
Speeding charges, NY VTL § 1180, in the City of Yonkers, New York are very common. This is because Interstate I-87, Routes 9 & 9A, the Bronx River Parkway, the Sprain Brook Parkway, and the Cross County Parkway are all within the City of Yonkers. In addition, Central Avenue runs the entire length of Yonkers and is a hotbed for the Yonkers City Police to ticket in addition to speeding for things such:
· Prohibited cell phone use, NY VTL § 1225 – 5 points
· Improper turn(s), NY VTL § 1160 – NY VTL § 1163 – 3 points
· Improper lane, NY VTL § 1128 – 3 points
· Red light, NY VTL § 1111 – 3 points
· Stop sign, NY VTL § 1172 – 3 points
· Aggravated Unlicensed Operation, NY VTL § 511 – misdemeanor (crime)
· Unlicensed Operation, NY VTL § 509 – no points but insurance merit system violation
· Operating while registration is suspended, NY VTL § 512– misdemeanor (crime)
· Unregistered operation, NY VTL § 401– no points but insurance merit system violation
· Failure to yield / move over, NY VTL § 1144 – 3 points
· Uninsured operation, NY VTL § 319 - – no points but mandatory 1 year license revocation and insurance merit system violation
· Reckless driving, NY VTL § 1212 – 5 points and misdemeanor (crime)
· Failure to obey a traffic control device, NY VTL § 1110a – 2 points
· Following too close, VTL § 1129 – 4 points
Depending on how fast over the speed limit you are accused under NY VTL § 1180 with will depend upon how many points your Yonkers speeding ticket carries. The chart is as follows:
· 1 - 10 MPH over the limit - 3 points
· 11 – 20 MPH over the limit – 4 points
· 21 – 30 MPH over the limit – 6 points (Mandatory additional $300.00 fine from DMV)
· 31 – 40 MPH over the limit – 8 points (Mandatory additional $450.00 fine from DMV)
· 41 + MPH over the limit – 11 points (Mandatory additional $675.00 fine from DMV plus mandatory license suspension)
In addition, if you are charged with speeding in a school zone (NY VTL § 1180(c)) or work zone (NY VTL § 1180(f)), the court fines are doubled and such convictions cause amplifying problems on your insurance rates. This is why it is so important to fight each and every speeding ticket or other moving violation you are accused of in Yonkers, NY. Our Yonkers Traffic Court lawyers will do this for you.
Yonkers, New York is the situated in on the south west corner of Westchester County, and is the 4th largest city in the State of New York. The Yonkers City Traffic Court is located at the Yonkers City Court - R.W. Cacace Justice Center, 100 So. Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701. The Yonkers City Court is a high volume court, which means that you may go to court for a 9:30 a.m. calendar call and not leave until 3:00 in the afternoon. Our Yonkers speeding and traffic ticket defense attorneys solve that problem by going to court for you so you do not have to lose time from school or work.
The Yonkers City Court is a volume traffic court and consequently meets every day, all day, for traffic tickets. The office of the Clerk of the Yonkers Court is open from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. They accept walk in payments and pleas, however their register closes at 3:30 p.m. for cash and credit card payments.
Often times the outcome turns on the judge that is sitting in the traffic part that day. Our office is aware of this and we do what we can to pitcharound judges that may be bad for your case.
Speed Traps in the City of Yonkers:
There are tons of known speed traps in the City of Yonkers. Known speed traps include:
· East Grassy Sprain Rd Between Tuckahoe Rd and Jennifer Lane
· Central Avenue South, south of the Empire Casino
· Sprain Brook Parkway North in the area of the Jackson Avenue exit
· Anywhere in the Cross County Parkway
· Saw Mill River Parkway near Executive Drive
· Bronx River Parkway by 233rd St. exit
IF YOU KNOW OF A YONKERS SPEED TRAP WHICH IS NOT ON THIS LIST, E-MAIL IT TO US FOR INCLUSION!
When you get a speeding ticket or other moving violation or auto crime ticket in Yonkers, NY call our traffic court lawyers. We can go to court for you so that you do not have to stand on line and take off time from school or work. You won’t have to worry about missing a court date or mishandling your case.
Call us Now!
If you received a Yonkers speeding or traffic ticket call us now! We give you piece of mind that you will have a positive outcome by giving you a money back guarantee, in most cases, to reduce or eliminate the points. Though that reduction we will prevent insurance increases, points, and license suspensions.