White Plains Traffic Ticket Attorneys
Caught speeding in White Plains New York? Our traffic court lawyers can handle your case for you!
White Plains, NY – speed trap capital of Westchester County
Per capita, the City of White Plains, New York likely has more speed traps than anywhere else in the State of New York. And it’s not just the garden variety speeding under NY VTL § 1180(b) or NY VTL § 1180(d) that a motorist has to look out for. It seems that interstate 287 is in a perpetual state of repair, and every other block has a school on it. These areas give rise to “speed in zone” tickets, i.e., speeding in White Plains, NY in a school zone (NY VTL § 1180(c)) or work zone(NY VTL § 1180(f)). When charged with speed in zone, fines are doubled and such a conviction causes exponential and amplifying problems regarding insurance rate surcharges and increases. All of these speed traps and speed zones keeps the White Plains traffic court busy with business.
White Plains, New York is the County Seat and situated in the middle of Westchester County. Interstate 287, the Hutchinson River Parkway, and the Bronx River Parkway all traverse the City of White Plains. Westchester Avenue runs east / west parallel to Interstate 287 and is heavily patrolled and monitored by police for speeding and other moving violations.
There are tons of known speed traps in the City of White Plains. Known speed traps include:
· Mamaroneck Avenue between Ridgeway and Gedney Avenue
· North Broadway at Route 22
· Westchester Avenue at South Kensico Avenue
· Rosedale Ave between North and Mamaroneck Aves
· Central Park Ave between Hartdale&White Plains
· S. Westchester Ave. Approaching Wm. Butcher Bridge
· Fischer Avenue near Railroad Crossing
· North Broadway Way near Virginia Avenue
· Bloomingdale Road near Mamaroneck Avenue
· State Route 119 near White Plains train station Crossing
· Westchester Avenue near State Highway 287
· North Avenue near State Highway 287
· Westchester Expressway near US Highway Route 22
· Bryant Avenue near Mamaroneck Avenue
IF YOU KNOW OF A WHITE PLAINS SPEED TRAP WHICH IS NOT ON THIS LIST, E-MAIL IT TO US FOR INCLUSION!
Not all tickets written in White Plains are for Speeding
The authorities in White Plains to not discriminate against other traffic violations. The White Plains Police, New York State Police, and Westchester County Police are equal opportunity enforcers. They don’t discriminate and write a high volume of the following violations:
· Prohibited cell phone use, NY VTL § 1225
· Improper turn(s), NY VTL § 1160 – NY VTL § 1163
· Improper lane, NY VTL § 1128
· Red light, NY VTL § 1111
· Stop sign, NY VTL § 1172
· Aggravated Unlicensed Operation, NY VTL § 511
· Unlicensed Operation, NY VTL § 509
· Operating while registration is suspended, NY VTL § 512
· Unregistered operation, NY VTL § 401
· Failure to yield / move over, NY VTL § 1144
· Uninsured operation, NY VTL § 319
· Reckless driving, NY VTL § 1212
When you get a speeding ticket or other moving violation or auto crime ticket in White Plains, NY call our traffic court lawyers. We can go to court for you so that you do not have to stand on line and take off time from school or work. You won’t have to worry about missing a court date or mishandling your case.
The White Plains City Court is Located at 77 South Lexington Avenue, White Plains, NY 1060. It is a volume traffic court and consequently meets every day, twice a day, for traffic tickets. The office of the Clerk of the White Plains Court is open from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. They accept walk in payments and pleas, however their register closes at 3:30 p.m. for cash and credit card payments.
Often times the outcome turns on the judge that is sitting in the traffic part that day. Our office is aware of this and we do what we can to pitcharound judges that may be bad for your case.
Call us Now!
If you received a White Plains speeding or traffic ticket call us now! We give you piece of mind that you will have a positive outcome by giving you a money back guarantee, in most cases, to reduce or eliminate the points. Though that reduction we will prevent insurance increases, points, and license suspensions.